Activity Support Specialist/Transport
- Assists participants and or supervises with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing,
grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as assigned or needed.
- Creates and participates in group(s) and one-on-one activities in accordance with daily activity calendar.
- Monitors and assists participants with meals at meal times.
- Assists, throughout the day, in maintaining clean and orderly day rooms, kitchen and personal care areas.
- Performs and or assists with laundry, including clothes for participants.
- Transport Participants using company vehicles.
- Demonstrates dependability through consistent compliance with scheduled work hours.
- Notes changes in participant’s physical or emotional health and communicates this information to the appropriate staff person.
- Fulfills center’s charting and reporting requirements.
- Must be free of communicable diseases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Must obtain CDL license within 30 days of employment.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent/Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) certification preferred.
- Experience: Successful completion of nurse’s aide, home health aide or equivalent training course or a minimum of one year of related experience in caring for impaired adults or disabled persons. Training is available.
- Computer, adaptive equipment & telephone, fax, copier, lift vans and company vehicles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee, may frequently assist clients to stand from the ground, stand from a sitting position, etc.
- All Generations Adult Day Center is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
- You, the employee, may reposition or push participants in a wheelchair, or in other circumstances lift, or assist lifting, a person to maintain their safety and comfort.
- You may also need to kneel – bend legs at knees to come to a rest at knees and crouch by bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist with lifting, transferring or moving individuals/equipment up to 200 pounds with the assistance of adaptive equipment. This includes loading and unloading from average vehicles and vans.
- Able to drive an average vehicle independently, including a 12 passenger van. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions when transporting clients.
- Able to appropriately and effectively assist individuals during crisis situations, behavioral issues, and/or constant wandering.
- Ability to operate a computer with general skills including keyboarding, learning new software applications and programs as related to performing job functions.
- Able to access email and retrieve information from the internet.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from participants.
- Must be able to perform detailed data collection, recording and reporting via handwriting and/or typing on computerized and manual systems.
- Able to problem solve, prioritize and plan in a variety of situations.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Scope of Authority
- No supervisory authority
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED